A first of its kind, this week long event will visit the history of the Harbour, its longstanding fishing community, and the successful fishing industry. Telling the story of harbour life and the industry over hundreds of years. How it has changed from then to now, and to celebrate what remains to be an active, working harbour, with a thriving fishing industry, in the beautiful town of Dunbar.
A summary of what’s planned (subject to any change in Scottish Government Covid19 guidelines and relevant local authority consent):
- The Herring Trail: Sponsored walk taking place on Sunday 29th May 2022
- A Celebration of Dunbar Fishing: Exhibition of photographs and memorabilia of our fishing industry over 100’s of years, from Tues 31st May – Sat 4th June at the Town House (Town House opening hours apply)
- Art Competition: Entries will be sought from local artists to paint or draw a themed piece of work. Entries will be shown at the Town House from Tues 31st May – Sat 4th June (Town House opening hours apply)
- Photograph Competition; Entries will be sought from local photographers on a themed image. Entries will be shown at the Town House from Tues 31st May – Sat 4th June (Town House opening hours apply)
- Talks and Presentations, on Tues 31st May – Thurs 2nd June 2022 at the Town House from 7-8pm
- Harbour Event: Sat 4th and Sun 5th June 2022 from 11am-5pm/ Sun 11am – 4pm. An opportunity for you to join local history enthusiasts, who will delve into the history of Dunbar Harbour. To find out about the local catch at Dunbar Harbour, where it can be bought and how to cook it! To visit our educational stalls to learn about safety at sea and climate change, marine life and litter in our coastal environment, and what you can do to help save our seas, save our marine life and build sustainable futures. Packed with fun activities, live folk music, theatre, visiting sea vessels and so much more!
More information coming soon……